The Thanksgiving holiday is all about family and giving thanks for all of your blessings. What better way to show that than to decorate your space with an artful display of family photos. This is a very inexpensive way to create an art wall in your home that will be very personal and let those you care about know that they are special.
This is also a good time to declutter your consoles, dressers and tables by removing some of the photos filling up those spaces. You can’t see them all if you have the tables filled with photos stacked too closely next to each other:
- Move them higher so everyone can enjoy them (it will also make it easier to clean J)!
- Rather than hanging single photos, think of grouping them to create an artful display.
- Select the photos you want to display, and if you can, arrange them to create a story (it will make for a great conversation piece). Then determine how you want to position them on your wall.
For example, my husband and I were having dinner with friends this past weekend and we were sitting in their family room and looking at photo walls filled with family photographs. The displays I admired the most were 2 different groupings:
- Wedding photos of 3 generations – my friends, their parents and grandparents from both sides of the family. This was my favorite!
- Photos of my friends and their 2 sons. You may ask how that caught my attention. It was the manner in which they were displayed that mad it special. The photos of the kids where hung vertically while the mother and father were hung diagonally from each other, in the same grouping. Another example is in one of my guest rooms where I have a photo wall of my godchildren and their siblings at different ages I love a simple, but not boring approach to things so, to create a cohesive look, use some of these ideas:
Use the same type of frames (not necessarily the same size)
- Use different frames but in the same finish i.e. all gold, all black or all white- you get the gist.
- Use the same type of frames but maybe in 3 different colors and coordinate the colors
So give it a try! Who knows, if you are ambitious you can do it just in time for the holidays. Start with just one wall and build from there. Lay them out before installation and move them around until the story you are telling comes to life.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts on more ideas for more art wall ideas and also different ways to hang art work.
#TransformingLivesOneRoomAtaTime – #BRNnelsonDesigns #InteriorDecorating #InteriorDesign #FamilyPhotos #ArtWall #ArtWallDecor #ArtWallDecoration